Hall or Nothing Productions Ltd: Fantasy Quest Card Break-down

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Fantasy Quest Card Break-down


For everyone who is still following Fantasy Quest: thank you for your continuing support and apologies for not keeping up with my Friday updates.  I've been labouring under the assumption that you'd rather have something concrete than my frequently inane streams of consciousness.  In any case I thought I'd better post something up to show you that between play-testing the hell out of Fantasy Quest, I have actually been continuing serious work on its development.  The rules will hopefully be completed for public viewing soon (with the game itself to follow hopefully), but below is a quick taster of how the cards break down.  And it might not look like much but I can't tell you how fricking long it has taken me to put just this page together!  As always, comments, abuse, bewilderment and general vexation are all welcome...



5 comments:

Leberus said...

Hey buddy, looks great. You did a nice job with the design of the page itself, i'm looking forward to the rest of the rulebook. I cant comment much on the content yet having not read the rest of the rules and knowing cards in general. Aestheticily though its top notch. Still excited to get in a game

Leberus said...

Hey buddy, looks great. You did a nice job with the design of the page itself, i'm looking forward to the rest of the rulebook. I cant comment much on the content yet having not read the rest of the rules and knowing cards in general. Aestheticily though its top notch. Still excited to get in a game

Ninjadorg said...

Thanks mate, hopefully get the rules to you very soon in boring/printer-friendly word format. Nicer looking rulebook to follow...

GamesBook said...

Its going to be very sad for me that I won't get to play this. I just *cannot* use cards where all the key stats are on the wrong (hidden) side of the cards. Very sad.

Ninjadorg said...

Hi Derek,

I'm sorry you won't be joining in our Fantasy Quest. You actually already shared this feedback some time ago here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/657126/a-brief-word-on-stats

As we discussed there and as shown in the image I made for you: the information is not hidden because the cards are already in play on the table. This is not a game where you're 'fanning' them in your hand to read the stats.

Nevertheless, thanks for posting and happy gaming!

:)